05 4 / 2014
Good morning, tumblr!
I mean good afternoon or good evening. I don’t know. It is literally morning here, but even if it is afternoon or evening, I guess I will still be using “Good Morning” instead, only because I personally think morning is the best time of the day; not only because of the sunshine, but also because of the birds singing, the morning breeze, and the morning haze that makes everything in the morning so good to enjoy.
Right now, I am sitting at my bed enjoying this very special feeling of mine about this morning. I don’t how to explain this, but I’m feeling really good about this morning; not only about this morning honestly, but also today. And it makes me wonder if it’s because today is Saturday or because I finally have a DAY OFF literally from all the hospital stuffs and the work as a 5th year medical student. I think it is both.
Yeah, I have been busy; not only busy, but too busy to even get to take care of myself (here I go again being hyperbolic). Well, not as busy as that… I still have time to take care of myself of course even though in a messy way. But for doing any other things that I love, my answer is NO. I honestly have no time for any other things that I love doing like tumblr-ing, writing, going to see movies, shopping, and even reading good novels (I have like 3 or 4 new novels that I haven’t done reading; not even started reading them yet).
Well, I love being at the hospital taking care of patients and learning about new things there, but sometimes it can get a little bit overwhelming and frustrating and tiring, especially when I have tons of homework to do and tests coming while having another responsibility to do: NIGHT SHIFT and NEVER ENDING MORNING SHIFT everyday.
But that is just it. That’s just how things work here as a medical student, especially when you finally get to practice medicine as a co-assistant at the hospital. I think I finally am used to it, and better… I enjoy doing things that I am doing here, despite of the pressure, paperwork, homework and test that I have to face everyday here. :)
It’s tiring, but it’s great… And I need to remember and cherish every moment that I have here as a med student because one day when I become a doctor, I will look back on these days and smile.
By the way, I still want to talk about other things here.
But I have to hit the shower right now. I got a quality time with my family today. Well, not exactly a quality time. But I have to drop my grandma at her house today, because she has something important to do there.
Well, my grandma is staying with me right now at my parents’ house because I’m living alone here. My brother who happens to live with me is having a great time with my Mom somewhere at East Asia seeing Cherry Blossom blooming at the spring time, while I stuck here in South East Asia seeing palms tress and coconut trees everywhere with the sunshine burning my skin tone. And people in my family believe that it is not good for a 21 years old single girl to live alone. So, here I am… staying with my grandma for a week.
Don’t get me wrong… I love staying with my grandma. She’s a good person to live with… :) but somehow I just don’t like it how the people in my family still treat me like a little kid, while I feel just mature enough to live alone for a week. Well, I am not sure honestly… but I’m glad that my grandma is staying with me somehow…
Okay, I’m kinda in a rush so I guess this post just ends here.
Have a beautiful day, people.
See you later, Aligator. :)
14 10 / 2013
- What is your name? Ester
- Age? 21
- Virgin? Yeah and proud of it
- Height? 158 cm
- Shoe size? 40-41
- Blood type? O
- Do you smoke? No
- Do you drink? No
- Do you take drugs? No
- Do you wear glasses? Yes
- Age you you get mistaken for: 20 or 19
- Have tattoos? No
- Got any piercings? No
- Want any piercings? No
- Single or taken? Taken
- Do you love your boyfriend? Yeah
- Have you ever met your boyfriend’s parents? Not yet. haha :D
- Favorite movie(s)? Idk, have watched too many movies.
- Someone you miss: my mom, my dad and my boyfriend
- A fact about your personality: Phlegmatic and Sanguine
- What I hate most about myself: Constantly live in a mess, socially awkward, and lazy-head
- What I love most about myself: good listener, love helping people in need, pretty good at what I do
- What I want to change about myself: those things I hate about myself
- What I want to be when I get older: an Obgyn doctor and an aunt. hahaha :D
- My relationship with my sibling(s): extremely close. we’re almost like twins…
- My relationship with my parent(s): very close
- My idea of a perfect date: dinner at the beach (somewhere private). hahaha :D call me old-fashion, but it’s perf.
- A description of the boy/girl I like: a weird person. haha xD
- A description of the person I dislike the most: None.
- A reason I’ve lied to my friend: they asked me to hang out with them, but I told them I have things to do while actually I was just not in the mood to hang out.
- What I hate the most about work/school: HOMEWORK and EXAM
- What words upset me the most: lemme think
- What words make me feel the best about myself: “You CAN do it!”
- What I find attractive in women: Intelligence, confidence, in-dependency
- What I find attractive in men: intelligence, confidence, maturity and sense of responsibility
- Where I would like to live: home
- One of my insecurities: my body (always feel like I’m overweight)
- My childhoold career choice: doctor, always have always will
- My favorite ice cream flavor: Vanilla
- Which one do you prefer: ice cream or frozen yogurt? Frozen yogurt
- Favorite fruit(s)? apples, banana, papaya
- Who wish I could be: Idk.
- Are you happy with where you are? Right now, not really.
- Where I want to be right now: somewhere out there
- The last thing I ate: chocolate-cheese bread
- Sexiest person that comes to my mind immediately: Angelina Jolie
- A random fact about anything: one of a good friend of mine only eats egg when the egg yolk and eggwhite are mixed together like in omelette or scrambled egg.
- How many girlfriends / boyfriends did you actually love? 2
- Have you ever thought you were going to marry a person? No
- Have you ever loved someone so much that it hurt? Idk.
- Have you ever made a boyfriend or girlfriend cried? Yeah I think
- Do you believe that you are a good boyfriend or girlfriend? Idk, ask my boyfriend. xD
- Have you dated people who were not good to you? No
- Have you dated someone older than you? Yeah always
- Younger? No ._.
- Do you believe everyone deserves a second chance? it depends
- Do you believe in love at first sight? yeah, always have always will
- Ever been given an engagement ring? No, but I want one. just the ring, without the “engagement” thing.. haha
- Have you ever talked about marriage with another person? yeah, with my best cousin
- Do you want to get married? yeah, 4 or 5 years from now.
- Has anyone ever told you they wanted to marry you? No
- Every liked someone else’s boyfriend or girlfriend? Yeah ._.
- Have you ever flirted with a friends crush? No
- Would you ever date your best male/female friend? Ever once, it didn’t work out well and I kinda regret it.
- Have you ever had your heart broken? Idk, maybe yes
- Have you ever broken someone’s heart? Yeah
- Does heartbreak really feel as bad as it sounds? Yeah, I guess
- Do you go to school or college? College
- Don’t you hate it when people skip you in the queue? Hell YEAH!
- Out of choking or drowning, which could you handle more calmly? Drowning I guess
- What makes you get butterflies? having a presentation in front of many people at college
- Do you hate getting your picture taken? No
- Are you a movie fanatic? No
- Have you ever went into shock? Yeah, when I was in 5th grade I got DSS (Dengue Shock Syndrome).
- Are you a fan of bubble baths? haven’t tried it yet.
- Does cigarette smoke annoy you? YEAH, very much.
- Are there any pillows in your room? Yes, I have 4 pillows
- Do you enjoy going through old pictures? Yes, always makes me laugh
- Have you eaten too much today? I think yes
- Do you think you are a good person? Yes
- Do you go to church? Yeah, every Sunday
- Is there anything you are currently craving? Yeah, pizza!
- Have you smiled in the last hour? Yes
- What is one thing that disgusts you? Smell of garbage and bad food.
- What color is the shirt you are wearing? White
- Are your parents overprotective? Yeah, my mother is.
- Do you know any vegetarians? Yeah, one of my English teacher and a colleague of mine
- Do you forget a lot of things? not really
- Who is your favorite actor? Idk, Tom Cruise maybe…
- Who is your favorite actress? Vanessa Hudgens, Sandra Bullock, Blake Lively, and Jessica Alba
- Have you ever had any broken bones? No
- Have you ever cheated on someone? Yeah
- 3 countries you would love to visit? USA for the Hollywood and Disney Land, Japan for the Cherry Blossom and Disney Land, and French for the fashion and Disney Land too! :D
- Do you like doing sport? yeah
- Swimming or playing tennis? Swimming
- Basketball or football? Football to watch, basketball to play
- Do you believe in God? YES
- Favorite subject at school? Chemistry and English
- Have you ever been attracted to somebody who’s the same sex as you? No
- Who’s you celebrity crush? I have many names like Zac Efron, Penn Badgley, Johnny Depp, Josh Hutcherson and Tom Cruise. hahaha xD
- The first movie you watched at the cinema? Fantastic Four: rise of the silver surfer
- Your favorite band? Idk, simple plan maybe
- Favorite song from the band? Welcome to my life
- Do love playing video games? Yeah, A LOT.
- Your favorite video games? Harvest Moon BTN and a wonderful life, The Sims 3, Radiata Stories, Resident Evil (most of the RE series), Parasite Eve 2, Detective Barbie, Final Fantasy, etc.
- What is your favorite anime character? Kuchiki Rukia (Bleach), Sakura (Cardcaptor Sakura), Ichigo (Tokyo Mew Mew), Shikamaru (Naruto)
- Would you steal some money from a rich friend? No
- Pepsi or Coke? Coke
- Dog or Cat? Dog
- If you had a daugther, what name would you give to her? Idk, probably beautiful names like Catherine, Michelle, Jasmine or Ashley
- If you had a son, what name would you give to him? Cool names like, Edward, Nathan, George or Josh
- Do you like kids? Yeah
- Do you want to have kids? Yeah someday
- Mention any phobia you have: phobia of snake
- Are you afraid of ghost? No
- Do you believe that ghost exist? Yeah
- Do you watch porn? No
- Your favorite musician? Taylor Swift, Shania Twain, Demi Lovato
- Do you play any musical instrument? Yeah
- Have you ever stolen some money from your parents? NO
09 10 / 2013
yay! excited to get back to work. hahaha
24 8 / 2013
24 8 / 2013
1. SHOES (especially heels)
2. Detective Stories
3. Curvy Body
4. Having my singing vocal to get its vibration and Demi Lovato’s vocal range (so awesome)
5. Having my height 160 cm or above (mine is only 158 cm) , which is why I love heels so much :D
6. Chocolate Chip cookies ♥
7. Drum (the musical instrument I’ve always wanted to learn but never got the chance to)
8. Theme Park (esp. Disney Land I haven’t been there yet and yes I want to go there so much)
9. Eating a bowl full of cereal with fresh milk every morning (just like a little kid)
10. Playing video games (any games that make me wanna play more and more)
13 8 / 2013
Developmental assessment with a 3-year-old boy
- 1: What's your name?
- 2: Spider-Man!
- 1: What's your other name?
- 2: ...
- 1: Do you have a last name?
- 2: I'm Spider-Man.
- 1: Can you tell me how old you are?
- 2: I'm three.
- 1: And are you a girl or a boy?
- 2: Spider-Man.
13 8 / 2013
09 8 / 2013
I don’t wanna count how many years it’s been, just want to keep growing together for more years and get stronger each day…
I know I should have posted this yesterday right at the time. But I was busy yesterday… so Happy late Anniversary to me and my boyfriend.
GOD bless us all the way… ♡
08 8 / 2013
by Joyce Meyer
It’s tough to enjoy life when you don’t like yourself. People who haven’t learned to accept and get along with themselves tend to have more difficulty accepting and getting along with others. Yet, the Bible repeatedly tells us to “love your neighbor as yourself.” I personally spent years having a hard time getting along with people, until I finally realized through the Word of God how my difficulty with other people was actually “rooted” in my difficulties with myself. The Bible says a good tree will bear good fruit, and a rotten tree will bear rotten fruit. Likewise, the “fruit” of our lives comes from the “root” within us. If you’re rooted in shame, guilt, inferiority, rejection, lack of love and acceptance, etc., the fruit of your relationships will suffer. However, once you have a revelation of God’s unconditional love for you and begin to accept yourself and others, eventually these new roots will produce good fruit, and your relationships will thrive. Here are a few tips I believe will help you succeed at being yourself.
1. Never say or think negative things about yourself, such as, “I never do anything right.” “I’ll never change.” “I’m ugly.” “I look terrible.” “I’m dumb.” “Who could ever love me?” Matthew 12:37 says, …by your words you will be justified…, and by your words you will be condemned…. Proverbs 23:7 says, …as [a man] thinketh in his heart, so is he. In other words, the way we talk and think about ourselves reveals how we feel about ourselves.
2. Speak good things about yourself (as private confessions) in line with what the Word says about you. For example: “I am the righteousness of God in Christ.” “I am made acceptable in the Beloved.” “God created me and formed me with His own hands, and God doesn’t make mistakes.” I like starting the day making good confessions. Perhaps you can do this while you’re driving to work or cleaning house. I also encourage you to look in the mirror and say out loud, “God loves and accepts you, and so do I.” You may even try hugging yourself. This is beneficial to people who have lacked love and acceptance in their lives.
3. Never compare yourself with other people. God must love variety or He wouldn’t have created us all differently—even down to our fingerprints. You’ll never succeed at being yourself if you’re trying to be like someone else. Other people can be a good example to you, but duplicating even their good traits will manifest differently through your individual personality.
4. Focus on your potential instead of your limitations. Actress Helen Hayes was told early in her career that if she were four inches taller she’d be the greatest actress of her time. Her coaches tried various methods of stretching her, but nothing increased her height. She refused to concentrate on the supposed limitation of being five feet tall and decided to concentrate on her potential. As a result, she was eventually cast as Mary, Queen of Scotland—one of the tallest queens who ever lived.
5. Find something you like to do that you do well, and do it over and over. If you spend your time doing things you’re not good at, it’ll frustrate you and cause you to feel defeated and unsuccessful.
6. Have the courage to be different and deal with criticism. Be a God-pleaser, not a man-pleaser (seeGalatians 1:10). If you dare to be different, you’ll have to expect some criticism. Going along with the crowd—when you know in your heart God’s leading you a different way—is one reason people don’t succeed at being themselves. You won’t like yourself very much if you go against your own convictions.
7. Don’t let the way another person treats you determine your worth.
8. Keep your flaws in perspective. People with a high level of confidence have just as many weaknesses as people without confidence, but they concentrate on their strengths—not their flaws or weaknesses.
In conclusion, let me remind you of my opening statement: It’s tough to enjoy lifew when you don’t like yourself. When you learn to succeed at being yourself, you’ll be well on your way to enjoying life more fully.